no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

there's a first time for everything...


Our wedding held a lot of firsts. First kiss as husband and wife, first dance, first wedding night :-) But our wedding also held some other firsts...one of which I will treasure forever. It was the first time that I had ever had all 6 of my best friends/bridesmaids together in the same room. I know I've said this many times in many places but now, almost 2 weeks after the wedding, I am still amazed and pleased by this fun fact.


My Maid-of-Honor Leena I met in 1989 in St. Louis, MO and even though we only lived by each other from age 5 - 9, 20 years later she is still one of the most amazing friends I have. One of my bridesmaids was my cousin Rachel...who holds the title of wedding party member I have known the longest. The other 4 amazing ladies are friends from various levels of schooling. Robyn is the bridesmaid I have known the "shortest" amount of time, which is 13 years. All-in-all I'd say this is a pretty amazing feat! I love them all and hope that one day, maybe...just maybe, to have them all in the same room again!!!

From left to right: Me, Bree, Melanie, Rachel, Leena, Kalli, Robyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment