no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

how to build a shed in one day...

step one: buy shed from Costco.
step two: convince your wife to help

We desperately need MORE storage!! It is amazing to be that in our current family of two (me & Jason) stage we fill up our 1400 sq ft house! And our 1.1 car garage. That is what I call it...there is no way you could ever fit in more than one car...even if you had two Mini Coopers...


Jason keeps acquiring tools at every event (birthday's, Christmas) thanks to my Mom and Dad, and bit by my wallet and he says he needs more room in the garage for them, thus, the shed. We've been wanting one since last summer and this summer our wallets finally had enough room in them to buy one.

What is most impressive is that my dear husband took it upon himself to build the base of the shed on Saturday while I was up getting my bridesmaid dress altered. Even more impressive is that he also took it upon himself to document his progress with the Canon. Have I trained him well or WHAT?!?! :)


Before.

All built.

Topped off. Ready for the shed!

I will tell you. Next time I might think about forking over the extra money to get the shed that you don't have to put every-single-tiny-piece together yourself. This shed took us almost 8 hours with barely a break...and only a few impatient jabs at each other...pretty successful if I do say so myself!


All the pieces...ready for action.

The table served as a station for all the nuts, bolts, and screws...

Done!

We will FINALLY be able to hook our water barrel up (I SWEAR I wrote a post on it but I can't find it) and are just excited to have more room in the garage. Because that equals more projects for the husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment