no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, May 28, 2010

the real update...

First of all I would like you to know the official countdown until the end of school. 13 school days. excited...just a bit!

The last few weeks have been crazy around here. So much so that I had to scroll through my iPhone to see what I'd been up too. I think technology is officially taking over my life.Our weekdays during May have been pretty uneventful. The weeks have been a bit more exciting - though (warning: shocker) I neglected to get very many pictures from these outings :(.

 May 1st we had our great friend Robyn and Joe up for a night of fun. We had some beers and played some games! We really enjoy their company and glad they were finally able to make it up to spend the night!

May 8th I headed to Seattle for the day to attend a friend from high school's bridal shower. It was a lot of driving but worth it, especially since I won't be able to attend her wedding since it falls on the same weekend that my wonderful family is heading to Wisconsin for family vacation! That weekend was Mother's Day and it was a very beautiful day in the PNW. We (Mom, Dad, Tony, Kellie, Jason and myself) headed up to Lewis River Golf course to enjoy a nice brunch and each other. We did manage to get a few pictures of this event...though I am still waiting for the rest from Tony and Kellie. Another shocker...i forgot my camera that day. Good thing for the iPhone :)

Me and Mom. Mother's Day 2010

Mom and her kids :)

Mom and Dad :) Love them!!!

I don't know if it is the secret hippie in me, the pacific-northwesterner in me, or the "trying new things in me" but I signed Jason and myself up to take a "how to make a rain barrel" class though Watershed Stewart's. Though we haven't hooked the barrel up yet...it is standing by. We're building a deck next weekend (if this ridiculous rain stops) and will but that in afterwards. Really, that means we're still debating where it should go...
Putting in the overflow spout.

Putting in the spigot.

The next weekend I went out with some of my favorite ladies in Vancouver. My mom, Liz, Stacy & baby Crissy, and myself have been trying to get together every other month. The "Shumaker" clan is one of our closest family friends around town and we feel that it is important to have purposeful and (somewhat) regular meetings to stay connected. We've done this 3 times in the last 6 months!!! It is very nice to have friends that are just like family! This time we went to Tommy O's in downtown Vancouver and then wandered through the Saturday Market at Ester Short park. It was a lovely Saturday morning! Though sadly, I have no pictures :(

I did do a little bit of cake decorating this month. After the hit of my last batch of mini cupcakes it was requested I make more for the Volunteer Tea my school puts on for all the volunteer parents. I happily obliged...with delicious and pretty results. Though next time I know not to put the fresh strawberries on top of white frosting too early...lesson learned. Also, this recipe was MUCH better than the batch I made for my own birthday. I'm sorry Martha but your recipe did not cut it. I got a recipe off OnDemand of the Sprinkles Capcakes show. It was AMAZING!!!
Mini Strawberry Cupcakes with chocolate and cream cheese frosting with fresh strawberries on top. I did cheat at use store bought frosting...next time I won't!!! I was in a time crunch!

One of the two trays. They were a huge hit. They've been requested again...

1 comment: