no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, October 4, 2009

a whole new year...

This has definitely been a different year of teaching. There are, of course, some things that are the same - new staff, planning curriculum, learning all about my kiddos. But this year, it feels different. It is the first year that I am not on a one year contract, though I am considered "provisional" status meaning if I do a good job I'll get hired back next year. Obviously, I'm thinking that is going to happen!

But there are other ways this year feels different. One of the main ones is the people I am working with. They are around my age (actually, I am the youngest in the school ;) and really fun. We hung out last night with 2 girls I work with and their husbands. We made pizza, drank a few beers, and had a good time! I've been to many happy hours and dinners with various members of the staff! I really feel like I belong at this school. It has been a rough first month with the other resource teacher in the school quitting and me being the case manager for 50+ students but things are finally starting to work themselves out at school!

All in all this decision that Jason and I made together to move down here has been a success! Life is coming into place for the time being with good jobs, a new home, and a happy marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment