no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

headed into twenty ten...

We had a very low key New Years Eve this year compared to NYE's past but that didn't make it any less fun. We travled the 2 hours south to Corvallis to hang out with our favorite couple, Robyn and Joe Selman. Robyn and I have been friends for years and Jason and Joe get along so well...it all works!

We brought some food and wine...they had some food and wine and we just had a good time! We played some board games (Blokus) and some Wii games including the new Mario Wii and Rock Band. Jason and I had never played...and it showed but it was so fun!



Jason trying out the drums...I was next!

'
Notice the array of goodies on the table!!!


I am VERY jealous of Robyn's A. Nativity Scene...I want one of my own!!!

Before we ventured down that afternoon Robyn had emailed me about putting together a time capsle..and to ensure that we'll get together in 10 years...2019...to unlock it! We had all these plans of things to include: reciepts, pictures, letters to ourselves down the road...the only thing we accomplished that night was the picture but I've been working on my letter and I'll have Jason write a note and we'll include things like our reciept to our house, the grocery store, and some other random things...should be interesting!



The Selman's and The Eeds'

All in all it was a great evening with great friends. We are (somewhat) passive aggresively hoping for Joe to finish up school as fast as he can and for the Selman's to move to the Portland/Vancouver area...but it is MUCH better now that they are 2 hours away. It really isn't that far!!!


Forever Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment