no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Monday, October 4, 2010

dinner menu ~ week one...

Well now that Jason is off in the working world (it is 6:45 currently and he's not home - and now it is 7:23 and he's not home) the dinner making (chore) has now fallen into my lap. I am really not a fan of cooking dinner, it kind of stresses me out. I LOVE baking because you mix, mix, mix and then bake and volia! food. Dinner, you plan, you time it, you bake 4 things at 3 temperatures in 5 contraptions....ug! It is so frustrating to me.

For the last few weeks I've also been sick which has only added to my dislike of cooking. But last night we sat down and planned out the meals for this week. The weekends are still Jason's domain but I am going to try my hardest to get on the wagon with cooking dinner. We're starting simply and trying to stay on the healthy side all while saving money and not getting overwhelmed...here goes nothing!

Here is what is on the menu this week:

Monday:
BBQ chicken sandwiches on the Safeway Sandwich rolls we love. We actually made the meat in the crock pot on Sunday afternoon. Just some chicken broth and chicken in a crock pot. Gets it nice and "pull able". Added BBQ sauce to it when it was done, warmed it up in the little oven.
Pasta Salad (left over from dinner on Sunday)
Cornbread (from a package)
Broccoli (from the freezer and steamed on the stove)

Tuesday:
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna. I've made this a few times. I just put lasagna noodles (though next time I am going to buy the ones that don't requires to be boiled), onions, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach - all to taste and supply. I made this tonight (Monday). Actually, I made two. One for tomorrow and one for the freezer to use in the next month. Well, we hope to use. This is kind of an experiment. We bought the foil pans from Safeway to make two smaller portioned lasagnas.
Rolls
Corn

Wednesday:
Meatballs. To be made Tuesday night by Jason so all I have to do is pop them in the pan to cook. I am also not a fan of raw meat.
Parmesan pull apart bread.
Green Beans for Annie. Corn for Jason.

Thursday:
Tacos. This I can handle because you just plop and stir :)
Salad
Carrots

Friday (I don't have to work, hense the fanciness):
Parmesan Chicken (recipe here)
Creamy Orzo Pasta
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment