no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, November 5, 2010

country concerts - josh thompson & new boots!

Sabrina and I went to yet another Friday night concert! I really love going to concerts and the singing off key-as loud a you can-no one can hear you or cares-have a few beers moments!!! Though part of me wishes that Jason either a-liked country music because I know he likes concerts OR b- had someone down here to go to concerts with. Unfortunately neither of those is true and while I would certainly go sit through (some) of the bands he likes, it would be just that, sitting through it while probably wearing ear plugs and knowing 2 songs. Though, I would do it! I actually just looked up tickets to one of his favorite bands and they are coming to PDX in a few days and there are still tickets...but he's asleep and I don't want to buy them if he doesn't want to go with me...alas. Back to the original reason for my post.

Sabrina and I headed out right after school last week to Duke's Bar and Grill which is a country bar. We got there super early, mainly because we wanted to drink and beer and eat dinner. The show was a standing room only show if you wanted to see anything, which we did. We weren't leaning on the front row but we were right behind them, a bit off to the side...and right in front of the speaker! My ears were ringing for 2 days! We had the standard "standing room" show troubles of people trying to push and sneak their ways up front but Sabrina and I made alliances with the people around us and did our best to prevent this from happening. It was a fun show. Josh Thompson was one of the people we had see back in September when we went to the H2O Tour. It was fun to see him again and he played a lot more this time around...including some stuff off his album he is working on. I think he's someone to watch in the country world!

Sabrina and Me :)

Josh Thompson.

The band.

He walked within feet of us a few times...love little settings like this!

*************************************

Oh...and Sabrina and I had gone out the week before to Coastal Farm and Ranch to get ourselves some cowboy boots!! We were probably there for an hour! Sabrina ended up getting the 'real deal' and I got the super padded 'crazy step sister' boots. Though, they still weren't that comfy to stand in for 5 hours, but then again, nothing is for me.

A total "us" shot. We couldn't decide...

My boots. I really wanted black!

I'm really not a huge fan of the black and blue but odds are I'll never wear them without jeans so I figure I"m in the clear.

These were about $75 so not too bad overall. We both made it out of there with boots that were under $90!!! Go US!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this post. The whole step sister boot comment made me laugh. Too funny! What an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete