no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

my daybook ~ preChristmas edition...

Outside my window...some clouds that have not yet been accompanied by rain today. the hope is to get the Christmas lights up today or tomorrow!

I am thinking...about Christmas :) mainly because I'm decorating the house today. For the first time in probably 10 years I'll putting up my Christmas Village that my grandma so graciously bought for me years and years ago. I just got it back after last yea from my parents attic (much to their delight) and can't wait to revisit all those memories with that decoration.

I am thankful for...the fact that in my immediate family we all have jobs, houses, and loved ones to be with this holiday season. We truly are all happy and healthy too.
I am hoping...that all our holiday plans work out. We know what we are doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but we've invited various parts of Jason's family down and they have yet to confirm plans. I hope, for his sake, that they do make the trip. It really is only 3 hours...we do it a lot! Jason is on-call the 24th, 25th, 26th of December and then will work the week before and after like normal, so there is no chance for us to go up there.

On my mind...Jason and I have started to really have an open dialogue about food. I think this will help us both become better eaters. We aren't the kind of people who are going to be granola hounds, but we certainly need to be better about what we eat.

Noticing that...my husband really is a handy-man! He really enjoys using tools and building things, and for that I am grateful. Currently he is working on a shelf for above the kitchen table and on the guest room/craft closet conversion (more on that later!!).

A few plans for the week...Nothing too our of the ordinary. Today and tomorrow just spent mostly at home doing projects and spending time together. Next weekend is Apple Cup (Washington State VS University of Washington) and it is also the first weekend that Jason will be 'on duty' for his job all by himself!

From the kitchen...we realized this morning that we REALLY need to go grocery shopping...so I think that is on the agenda for tomorrow!

Around the house...Christmas is coming alive!
 
Towards fitness and health...as I mentioned above we are trying to be more conscious of what we eat and really that starts with what we buy...tomorrow's shopping list looks a bit different than in the past.

One of my favorite things...electric blankets! At least this time of year they are ;-)
A picture I am sharing...
 
I made these cakepops with my Mom and Sabrina.
Head over to my other blog... madebyACE to check them out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment