no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

happy {200th} post & herding cats...

There has been a lot going on lately around here.

We've started to plan what work we NEED to do in the backyard this summer, notice I did not say WANT. Jason and I aren't huge fans of outdoor labor but we are huge fans of wanting to enjoy the out of doors...so we need to do some work to our yard.

We've bought about $2000 worth of air fare in the last month. We are headed to St. Louis for Leena's wedding and Boston/Cape Cod for Maryann's wedding and our first "traveling" vacation!! We haven't done too much revolving around that lately...I probably should make some more hotel reservations.

I've been sick, again. The flu, again. No, I do not get a flu shot and do not plan on ever getting one if I can help it. Though I will say - the flu is not fun. This round seems to be less intense than it was in September. Here's to hoping Jason doesn't get it. Though now at least he has sick days!!

The flu resulted in the below picture...


Oh yes, when I was out sick this Monday my sub apparently had a busy day. I got 3 pages of notes. I've never, ever, ever gotten that many!! This was my favorite part of it by far. This is referring to a little group of 6, 2nd grade boys. I love my boys and for me they really do work but they know how to work a sub too. My last sub before this said "They tuckered me out".

I just love that he (yep, a male sub) felt comfortable enough to tell me my group was like herding cats...which is sometimes true. How do you herd cats you might ask?

Quickly, carefully, and with bribes of many chance tickets...

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that you don't get the flu shot since you're around kiddos all day. What's your reasoning for not wanting to get it, out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete