no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Parts 1 ~ 3...

Well, last year we had 6 Christmas celebrations...and this year we had a measly 5...heehee.

It started out on Wednesday the 21st with the 6 of us. My sister-in-law knew she had to work on Christmas Day (she's a NICU nurse) but we wanted to still be able to get together. We met at my parents house to have a nice dinner together and to exchange presents.

The tree at my parent's house...always over flowing.

Jason and I trying to open our BilzBoxes.

Tony and Kellie trying to open theirs.

Bilz Boxes are these devilish little things that are puzzlers that you have to get open to get what is inside...and money is always inside. My parents LOVELOVELOVE watching us struggle to open them. My Dad even whipped out the video camera this year!

As always, we got majorly spoiled by my parents. They are SO giving and gracious and we are all so lucky to have them!!

A few days later Jason and I headed over to my parent's house again, this time for Christmas Eve fondue - quite possibly my favorite tradition ever. This year was slightly different...first my Mom forgot to have the Christmas Crackers and my Dad and Jason took the oil fondue to a new level and they were frying potato skins with onions. Next year they claim they are bringing Twinkies...we will see!!



We did Christmas morning by ourselves and I was very spoiled by my husband!!



That evening we were hosting our second Christmas Day Dinner and it was our first time cooking turkey. We MIGHT have put it in wayyy too early but at least it wasn't burnt or raw!! It was dry and next we will plan it out a bit better!!

For Christmas Day we had my parents, my brother, and two ladies who work with Jason over for dinner. Jenny and Ann have only been working with Jason for a month or so and neither had the money or the time off to go home and no one should be alone on Christmas!!



I was most excited for dessert...Baked Alaska's!!



After dinner the ladies went home and my family stayed and we played some XBOX Kinect and had a good time hanging out together.

Christmases 1 - 3 were amazingly fun. I love love love my family!!!

1 comment:

  1. My parents have the same Christmas dishes as yours...And we are also spoiled year after year, which I never complain about :)! Thank goodness for good families, right?!

    ReplyDelete