no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Zoo Lights 2011

When we moved to the PDX area Jason and I started the tradition of going to the Portland Zoo for their Zoo Lights. And even though we don't have kids - we have a good time!!

The first year it snowed...
And this year was just down-right cold. I wore long johns under my jeans!!

We like to go a bit early to see the animals. I was bummed the Black Bear weren't out like they were last year but I did get to see quite the funny Polar Bear!!



He was TOTALLY looking at me :)

A rainbow of lights...idea for next year (haha, Jason would kill me!!)

Bears!!

Headed to the train. Only about a 25 minute wait this year.
Unfortunately we were infront of some people who were talking rather loudly about things that weren't appropriate for public places. I guess they just needed to get it out!

Self portait - of course!!

Here comes our train!!

bears from the train

from the train looking out into the main part of the zoo








We stopped in to see the elephant's the the baby (who is 3) was very playful!!

Getting some hay from up top!

Taking hay and throwing it at the kids behind the glass.

Mom and baby feeding each other.

Dad was outside :-)



Two more bear shots before we left :)




No comments:

Post a Comment