no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, December 26, 2009

christmas eve...

As we get older and some traditions stay and some change, this year was a percfect example of that. Tony was headed up to Kellie's for Christmas and so that left Christmas Eve to have our family dinner and present opening! It was a very nice afternoon/evening of spending time together. We are so fortunate to get some lovely gifts from my parents. Jason got presents mainly having to do with fixing up the house (hinthint) which is exactly what he asked for! Also, now, my Dad can have some of his tools back. Jason is now the proud owner of a Craftsman Circular Saw and right when we got home he went and tested it on some scrap wood we had lying around! I got alot of stuff for around the house...towels and a bathrobe being my favorites!


Here is Jason trying to open his Bilzbox. If you haven't seen these tourtue devices then you haven't been to the Oakes house on Christmas. My Mom loves to put our money from our grandparents in them so it is harder to get too. One year they even took my money out of my room while I was in the shower and put it BACK in the box. I am not a fan, incase you can't tell. Though I have gotten lucky in the last few years and have either (accidently ;-) broken them or like this year, mine just poped open! Jason and Tony had to work a little harder for their cash.



As we were wrapping up opening presents a FedEx worker in an Enterprise Rental Van pulled up to deliver a last muinute present from the Ziegler's...



And of course, my favorite part of Christmas Eve. Meat Fondue and Christmas Crackers with crowns. I love my family and I love my family traditions and can't wait to have a family of our own to share them with!

No comments:

Post a Comment