no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

our year in review...

When I first started this blog I wasn't smart enough to know to transfer my old blog into this one so I lost a year's worth of memories but for those of you who have been reading with me for a while...I wasn't that on top of writing in it. 2009 was a good year for Jason and I. With the house, the wedding, the honeymoon, and the memories. We saw friends we rarely get to see and met family members that had only been names. We laughed a lot, fought and cried a bit (but not too much and certainly not over anything of major importance), and became our own little family of 2, well 3 if you include the cat. Here are some of my favorite memories...


In March I started taking cake decorating classes at JoAnn's for my birthday. I am not a professional and never will be but it is something I really enjoy doing with my time and for people!


In May one of my friends, Stacy, got married!


July 17, 2009. We got married! We had so many friends and family come from all over the country to help us celebrate! It was such a fantastic night.


We honeymooned in Monteago Bay, Jamaica.


On August 1st Robyn married Joe and I was so honored to be a bridesmaid and help them celebrate their special day!



In August Melanie got married to Jon Brown! I was also very excited and honored to be a part of her wedding.


In Septemeber I started my job at Baller Elementary. It has proven to be great fun and a great challenge as I find myself as a teacher and co-worker. Life is one big lesson!

Jason also started his job at Barnes and Nobles this month...



In October the house was finally ours!!!




Meeting Richard Dawkins.


We celebrated Christmas Eve at my parents house with the 5 of us :)

And of my favorite things besides the events I've already mentioned...





I got to see my best friend 2 times within a span of 4 months!!! That has only happened one other year within the last 17 years.

There were so many people that helped make 2009 a great year for both Jason and I! We are thankful to have so many giving, loving, caring, and wonderful people in our life. We are excited to enter 2010 with a couple we love to hangout with but don't get to enough... Robyn and Joe! More on that in a few days I am sure!

Goodbye 2009 and HELLO 2010 and all the changes and adventures you will bring into our life. I hope luck is on our side in making in a memorable year.

No comments:

Post a Comment