no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

oh the christmas tree...

We have had quite the year with our Christmas tree. We got our tree at Thorton's Tree Farm because that is where google led us. We were stunned to find out how spendy these little trees are. Next year we'll hopefully be able to go to up the forest for better memories and a better price! We put it up the same day we got it since it had been unusually dry weather for this time of year.

Two days after we got it Jason woke up to the tree laying on the couch. Yes, you read that right. I wish we had a picture of it but Jason's mind doesn't work like that ;-) After many failed attempted we stole a play from the Steve Oakes playbook and secured our tree stand to a piece of wood so it now has a much wider base! I have very smart men in my life!!!

Here are some pictures of our Christmas Tree 2009 Journey :-)

The Eeds!!!
On the hunt ready with the supplies...


Found it. Let the sawing begin!

I took a very unproductive turn...

Once we got it home we remembered how much Loki loves trees.


A star on top of the tree :)

Tree. Annie. Stockings. HAPPY!

Out lovely tree. Take One.

This AWESOME ornament is from one of my best friends Robyn! She came over at some point (I literally cannot remember when) and gave us this sweet card and a very thoughtful gift of this ornament. We wrote out address and year on it and will always treasure it. I'm so glad to have such a thoughtful and caring friend!

This ornament I actually bought last year for 99 cents but since it didn't say a year on it, I figured I was safe :) I love being thrifty!

1 comment: