no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, December 26, 2009

our first christmas as the eeds...

A few months ago as we began to talk about holidays Jason become adament about us being together, at our house, just the two of us, on Christmas Morning. Back then I thought that wouldn't happen but I am so glad it did. This will be a tradition we hope to keep going. To celebrate with family on various other days because really, isn't that what it is supposed to be about? Who you celebrate with...not on what day? As we grow into this "family" thing over the next few years I think this will be an important tradition and day to uphold as our own. This year we did have my parents over for dinner and that is okay. But Jason and I did enjoy a nice, quiet morning in our bathrobes opening up Christmas presents. I love my husband and am glad that we had that time together...before the baking started ;-)


Our cute little Christmas tree!!! Take note of my stocking...a new teddy bear!


Using our Spode Christmas Tree plates from the Rode Family. They were a fun wedding present and a nice collection that we can add onto as the years go on!


This was too funny not to take a picture of...the rack on the left we got after the wedding with a gift card...it is supposed to be an over space saver. I'm not sure if it saved space or not. But when you have a million new kitchen gadgtes...you HAVE to use them all :) Atleast that is my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment