no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

robyn & annie picnic 2010...

I have this friend. She is great. Years ago before cars, college, weddings, boyfriends, and cell phones we started a tradition of going on a picnic. My friends name is Robyn. You've seen her in many other posts, probably because she is fun to have around!

It all started in 1998 and we've only missed two summer's since. One was 2008 when we climbed Mt. St. Helen's in place of the picnic. Okay, I should clarify. Robyn and Joe climbed it. Jason and I didn't make it, we ran out of water! Ooops! The other was 2009 when we were both busy getting MARRIED!!! Just 2 weeks apart at that! We always meet at Robyn's old elementary school which, when we were in high school we used to walk to and pack our own lunches. Then when we were in high school we drove to Bruchi's and got sandwiches. This time around Robyn made the food, all of which I tried and most of which I liked, and I made the desserts :) Perfect pair!!!

Here are a few pictures from our 2010 adventure.

The lunch Robyn put together. Cheese and bread. Fruits. Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil salad. Figs wrapped in some kind of meat...


Chocolate cupcake with fresh strawberry butter creme. All homemade by me!


The take home box for Robyn to bring to Joe. We also ate one of each there!


Robyn looking at picutres I brought from picnic's past.


2010. Who knows what will happen between this year and next :)

Love you Robyn. Thanks for your ever lasting friendship!!!

1 comment: