no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a weekend away {Long Beach, WA}...

...was exactly what we needed!

We headed to Long Beach, WA this past weekend with my parents, Tony and Kellie, and our family friends The Leal's. We've been in the past with them, to go clamming. This was the first time that Tony and Kellie and their two dogs had made the trip.

We got there on Friday night after one of my roughest days of my career and the end of a very long (ie. late) week for Jason. The rest, the quiet, the family, the beer - was all much needed. Friday night we played a round of Farkle and then hit the sack. In our double bed.

The next morning we set off for a walk on the beach!!!

It was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Like 45 and sunny!!!

Mom taking a turn flying the kite.

Dad taking a turn flying the kite. With Barry the helper dog.

While walking the beach Barry the helper dog decided to run full force into me from behind, which did not help anything considering I'd already tweaked my back earlier in the week. Thankfully Tony had driven down to the beach and gave me a ride home where I took some happy pills and went on my merry little way!

Then in the afternoon, after naps and board games, it was time to gear up for clamming. I had already not planned on clamming. For one, my back really hurt. For two, I don't even eat clams. For three, I really wanted to take pictures...which I did. Lots. This was Kellie's first time clamming and she enjoyed it for about the first 5 :) Much like I do. Hence, why I take the pictures.

We got out there about an hour early and it was surprisingly fun to walk around in the ocean :)


Bald Eagle on the way to clamming.

Daddy Oakes

Leo teaching Tony and Kellie

Mom and Kellie

Jason
It is so interesting. There is so much pressure that all the water gets sucked out around the hole.

Mom dragging her gun. We didn't find much the first hour...

Jason

The next day we spent some time at the beach in the morning...


Me and my kite!!!

Jason took a turn

The Washington Coast.

Sand and Surf

We had a great time away from home, with family, at the sunny Washington Coast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment