no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, July 22, 2011

Phoenix, Arizona

My Mom and I headed to Phoenix, AZ to visit my cousin and aunt...who are also teachers like us. 4 teachers...all in love with summer vacation!!

When we left Portland this is what we saw...Rainy and 60 degrees



When we got to Phoenix this is what we saw...sunny and 110 degrees. Talk about a HUGE difference!!


We made the trip a weekday event so it didn't disturb too many other plans. It was also a pretty last minute trip...which made it a pretty relaxed and fun trip because there wasn't much time to plan! I stayed with my cousin Rachel and her boyfriend Matt, while my Mom stayed with my aunt (her older sister) and my uncle.

The day we arrived we went to a wonderful little restaurant {of which I cannot remember the name} for a lunch and then we headed straight for the pool!!! My aunt and uncle have a very nice private pool in their backyard we were in there every day!!!



The second day started out the same...POOL TIME!! We lounged, tanned, talked and soaked up the sun!!! That evening Rachel, Matt, and I headed to a D-Backs game which was really fun. I have to tell you I was really worried about how hot it would be but turns out the roof was closed which made it a "cool" 80 degrees instead of the 115 it was outside...We had a great time, they taught me a new gambling game, and Matt had a good dose of karma come his way. See, he left his wallet in the seat cup holder and realized it about 20 minutes after we left the same. Turns out one of the people in our row was a kind soul and found it, with a few hundred bucks cash in it, and returned everything to the D-Backs lost and found. Thank you kind soul.



The third day was partially the same. See, turns out my aunt and cousin wanted to learn to make cakepops! So while we were at the baseball game the day before they went on the hunt for all of the appropriate supplies. So we started out the morning in the air conditioning making some cakepops!!



Then Rachel and I headed out for more sun while my Mom and aunt drove all around town to visit my cousin Reed. That night Rachel, Matt, and I headed out to meet some old friends of mine who now live in Phoenix. Mary is a friend from college and Kelly is a friend from high school. It was fun to catch up, get out on the town a bit, and enjoy my last night in the heat!!


The next day we headed home...to 71 degree weather and my own bed!!!


over the Grand Canyon

Home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment