no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

long beach...

We went on a mini vacation this weekend with our new friends Amy and Ian. Amy and I work together at school. We're both special ed teachers and become fast friends. Ian and I actually graduated from Skyview High School together but neither of us remember each other from that phase of life. We graduated in a class of almost 550 students!


We went to Long Beach, WA which is about 2.5 hours from Vancouver. My parents are debating getting a time share condo there and we were using up the last weekend of the season because my Dad "had" to go golfing and couldn't! It is a nice place, about 10 miles North of the actually town of Long Beach but only about a block from the beach.

We did enjoy some time in the city of LB walking around and visiting some stores, and just being tourists! We, of course, had to get some salt water taffy! Jason and I had actually been there in the early spring with my parents...I just didn't put it all together. Whoops!


Long Beach used to be home to the World's Biggest Frying Pan but the sign stating that was gone...so either there is a sign thief out there OR a bigger frying pan!


I really like watching kites...rainbow kites being my FAVORITE! I wanted one SO bad but didn't really want to pay a ton of money for one of those trick kites that are hard and require actually paying attention to the kite. So when we went to one of the many kite stores Jason asked the guy working there want the easiest kind of kite to fly is...
...it is the "Easy Fly Kite" Who would have guessed?!?!?! ;-) So I shelled out the 20$ hoping it would be worth it and was it ever! My kite was like a little shadow. It was SO easy to put together and to fly! I just let it up and went on a walk and it followed. I am in love!!! It was one of the best 20$ investments I've made in a while!




Flying my kite AND taking pictures! That is talent :-) That is seriosuly how easy it was! I would highly recommend this brand!

The Eeds Family at the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment