no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

crazy classroom...

Well it has been a bust week around here!!! Last Monday, so 8 days ago, I went into my new school :-) To make a long story short I ended up moving classrooms a few times over the course of 3 days...it went something like this. Move, unpack, repack, move, move, unpack. On the brighter side of things, this is logistically (and socially) a much better classroom!!!
Even as I post these so much has changed in 2 days! This is very much a work in progress and I'll get updated pictures up in the next few weeks...

I absolutely, positively could not (and did not) do this by myself! I had A LOT of Mom and Husband help! My Mom helped with the purging (recycling) of 8, yes eight, boxes of papers. I just hope I didn't throw too much away...I might have...there is only one thing so far my para has noticed that isn't quite around. But we aren't sure because those cupboards aren't 100% sorted out yet! My Jason helped by providing labor...aka...moving! He was there almost everyday and sometimes for 3 or 4 hours :-)

I am really liking this being closer to family thing. One day my Mom even came to help and then my parents took us out to dinner! Free labor and free food! Yeehaw!

I am also already really liking the school and the staff! Alot of the other special ed staff are young and fun...one even got married just a few weeks after us! I think I'm going to like it here and that feeling is worth all the stresses of moving to a new city, Jason quitting his job, and living on love!

More on my school, new friends, and crazy teacher life to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment