no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

seeing and dreaming in rainbow...

Starting a new job is never easy, and this year is no exception. I've previously talked about all the moving...after that was done, it was on to all the planning! Now, I do love planning but this took it over the top! The other resource room teacher at my school took a years leave of absence before the school year even started - which is why I moved rooms so many times!

The district then of course had to go through the process of posting the job which would hopefully lead to hiring someone. As of today, that has not happened. So for the last 2 weeks I have been scheduling, over-seeing, managing, and stressing over 54 Kindergartner's through fifth grades who have IEP's.

The above picture is my color coding system to keep everyone (mainly myself) in check. K = RED, 1st grade = orage, 2nd grade = yellow, 3rd = green, 4th = blue, and 5th = purple.

It has been A LOT of work trying to get all of this in order and it took me longer than I had hoped to get the whole thing up and running but I did! I have a wonderful para in my classroom and the substitute for the other teacher for the time being has been working in this district for a while and is awesome...and so is her para! Everything worked itself out and while there were definitely some color coded dreams...it is now a working reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment