no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

proof that i CAN cook...

This post is more just to prove that I can in fact cook...I give Jason all the props he deserves because he really does cook almost all the time and is very good at it. But once in a while I like to show my skills too! I enjoy baking because it involves mixing a bunch of stuff together, making it taste good, and letting it cook while I enjoy something else. Lasagna is the prefect thing for me to cook...because it is like baking. There is not too much timing involved as far as making sure all the separate things get done at the same time...unless there is a bread involved :)

I made this dinner for Jason yesterday since while he had to work an 8 hour shift, he still got up really early because I had to do a fasting blood draw at the hospital which required a 8am appointment...which meant getting up earlier than that! Also, have a 5 day weekend is leaving me energized, relaxed, and wanting to be in the kitchen!!!

The makings of my Alfredo Chicken and Spinach Lasagna

Pasta, layered.

Add Ricotta cheese.


Add the spinach/onion/garlic/mushroom/chicken mixture.


Add Mozzarella cheese.

Add Parmesan cheese.

Add Alfredo sauce.


Repeat until 3 or 4 layers high. Top with cheeses. Bake in oven at 375 for 40 minutes. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment