no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Monday, March 1, 2010

blooming bulbs...

When we first moved in I hand tilled the corner of the front yard where, at some point in time, some kind of flower bed had been. I found lots of weeds and some bulbs. Not EVER being a gardener I pulled up (and threw away) some of the bulbs and apparently did a sifficient job moving the others I couldn't find around. Looks like I have some work to do. I have no idea what kind of flowers these are and now they are in the a very random order in my flower bed...

I think I need an "Idiots Guide to Gardening"...maybe I'll have the hubby pick that up for me from B&N.

a little unorganized.

but very pretty.

Oh, and Jason (also not a gardener) brought one of these in the house in a planter a few weeks back. they are VERY fragrant...

1 comment:

  1. That's a Hyacinth! (I had to look it up, I'm trying to identify the plants in our yard lately as well) My book says it has a "heavenly fragrance". :-)

    ReplyDelete