no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

a project YEARS in the making...

It all started a few years ago when I bought some wall decor. This specific peice started the theme of my kitchen...starwberries!!!


This peice of wall decor is still in good use in my house...along with many more additions over the years! Then one day, at least 2 years ago, I went into Michael's in Moscow, Idaho and found these...



So you may be asking yourself how I know it is AT LEAST 2 years...well that is the minimum amount of time I've been away from Idaho :) Back then when I bought the ribbon I had the foreshadowing (I guess) to see what I would use it for. I had always wanted to sew it onto some dish towels but only recieved a sewing machine a year and a half ago. I guess this project was just meant to be. Also, it should be noted that I did not lose the ribbon in the last 2 years...through 3 moves :)

It really was one of the easiest projects to do so don't be surprised if you get some :) You just take an ordinary dish cloth - it could be colored if you'd like - and sew the ribbon on the end sewing both the top and the bottom of the ribbon to the towel. And voila! The first ribbon took me about 10 minutes to do, the next sides only took me a few minutes! MAYBE a half hour of work total if you include threading the bobbin, threading the machine, and all the sewing to do 2 towels with ribbon on both ends!


trying to keep it straight...

double wrapping the ends under - to avoid fraying :)



towel in action...

so simple!

1 comment: