no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

the week that changed it all (for now)...

I can't really come up with a better title than that for this blog. It really has been quite the week around here. I've been thinking about this post this morning and I don't want it to come off as "bragging". The audience I am truly writing this for is myself and Jason...so we can look back and remember when life really, well, changed. Our families and a few select friends also know most of the details of some of the stories. It really does sound cliche to call it "life changing" but that is what it really feels like. So with that said...this post will probably get a little long and could be a bit boring to anyone just stopping by. But to us and our favorite people (family and friends) it is just keeping track of this MAJOR milestone week for the Eeds Family :)

Monday...
Monday was Jason's first day at work at Columbia Distributing.

After one week he's still liking it. Here is the jist as I understand it. He goes to different stores and stocks shelves, makes sure the items are in the correct places, builds displays. He's been working with other people (mainly his boss) this week learning the ropes. Next weekend he might get his own route if things go good. For a while it looks like Wednesday and Thursday will be his main days off...which will be a bit stressful but with summer break 3 months away we'll make it work!

On Monday I also made my very first all-from-scratch cake mix. I actually made cupcakes for my own birthday and they were yummy! Well, they were yummy once I got the frosting and fresh strawberries on top. I personally did not like the cake batter, tasted too cakey, probably because I am used to boxed cake which is really sweet. Martha Stewart's Strawberry Cupcakes were my inspiration. I used her cream cheese frosting recipe instead of the strawberry buttercream...mainly because I didn't buy enough strawberries for both :)


Tuesday...
I turned 27 on Tuesday. For one week I will be tied for youngest teacher at my school, until Amy turns 28 next week...

Being a resource teacher I don't celebrate my kiddos birthdays...it would just take too much time...so we celebrated mine in style (aka. fun). And besdies, Camas has a policy against food in the schools that isn't lunch. Which is actually a very nice thing! My aide Carol had all the kids make me cards, they each brought me in a flower that Carol had brought from her garden, and really we just had a relaxing day. It was very nice. That evening one of my best friends Robyn happened to be in town for the night and we went to the one and only Chevy's!!!

Strawberry blended margarita with sugar on the rim? Yes please!



Also...I censused. Did you???


Wednesday...
It was a Happy St. Patty's Day indeed. Though I did not take any pictures (don't faint Dad...) we did go out on the town for one whole hour...we went out with the WSU Alumni Association we've been trying to get involved in. We decided to start going in January in hopes that Jason could network and get a job...and even though he has one now we're still going to go! We went out to Dublin Downs in Downtown Vancouver so I could have a green beer and Jason could have a Guiness. Then we went to Costco and were in bed by 9:30. We lead an exciting life :)

Thursday...
Nothing that I can remember...I think I started a new sewing project...

Friday...
One great thing that happened on Friday was WE SOLD THE BLAZER!!! $400 later... Its been sitting, out in front of our house, for months. And sat infront of the appartment longer than that...and it is no longer ours. While I am very happy to see it go I do have a few fond memories...Jason first said "I Love You" in the Blazer on July 3rd, 2004. I saw my first drive in movie in the Blazer. I'm sure there are more but those are the two I can come up with right now.

Friday also consisted of the Helen Baller Spring PE Program. Each grade levels divides into 2 groups and those 2 calsses together preform a dance to a song. This year's theme was "summer" and "a tribute to Mr. Moss" who is our principal who is retiring at the end of the year. it also includes a teacher dance...

All the students of Helen Baller...waiting for the program to start.

Click on the link above to see the dance on YouTube. I wish I could get it embeded here. I'm not that good though...I am on the left side of the screen 4th of 5th from the left. I have a grey swearthirt on :) I kind of walk out first and then get into place...The kids are chanting "Teachers-Teachers-Teachers" as we are walking out. Pretty fun!!!

After the program we went to debrief at a local establishment. No pictures of that on here...though I did sing my first-ever round of kareoke (group kareoke, that is).

Saturday...
My Mom and I hit the shops at Bridgeport Village for an afternoon of sunny shopping. That evening we went out to dinner and dessert at Papa Haydn's in Portland for my birthday and Jason's job celebration!!!

Sunday (today)...
We got a new bed!!! After I threw my back out in February it became (even more) apparent that our bed was in bad shape. We called customer service to see what we could do. We filled out the paperwork and on Tuesday they emailed us saying that our bed was indeed defective and we could get a new one! We went back to Sleep Country and our new (firm) bed was delivered today. Our old bed had about 3 inchs dips in it. When we went to Sleep Country they told us that our bed manufacter had actually gone out of business because their return rate was crazy. Now we have a lovely Simmons bed and can't wait to spend the night in it tonight :)

Well if you made it this far I am impressed since I have been working on this post on and off all day! It really was a good week and I know that we'll be able to look back when times get hard again...and remember HOW this week felt!

2 comments:

  1. Oh drats! I thought you might be pregnant!!! ;)

    But congrats on an exciting and life-changing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i guess i need to start watching how i phrase things...i've this (let people think i was pregnant with a sly comment) a few times. FOR THE RECORD: i am not (yet ;)

    ReplyDelete