no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, December 17, 2010

teddy bear toss!!!

Really, I'll go to anything that is an excuse to carry a teddy bear around. I do love teddy bears, even my students know it! Though the opportunity had never come it, it finally did this year!!!

My friend Shelley invited us to go to the Teddy Bear Toss that the Portland Winterhawks host every year. It is a night where you bring a teddy bear to throw onto the ice at the first goal. All the teddy bears (or any other stuffed animal type) gets donated to local charities and hospitals. That night I think they said the crowd donated over 12,000 teddy bears or teddy bear friends!!!

We went with Shelley, her various family members, and Sabrina. It was a very fun game. It was actually Sabrina's first ever hockey game...and she thinks she might be a fan! We won too, which is always good!

Our teddy bears saved our seats!!

Buddies with their teddies!

Tom-A-Hawk was loving it!

tarps and tarps of teddy bears!!

:)

The cheerleads let the little girls have the pom-poms. how cute!!

one.

two.

three.

four.


see the puck in the net?? The Canon takes great pictures!!



Sorry for the jitteriness of the video. It was my first time taking one with the Canon. I might need to get a mono-pod for video making. Plus I was trying to throw a teddy bear. Mine leaves the screen at about 8 seconds in.

No comments:

Post a Comment