no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, December 31, 2010

goodbye 2010. hello 2011.

2010 was a good year for Jason and I...find out why :) Thanks in advance to my iPhone, this blog and calendar for helping make this post possible! ps. click on the month to see all the posts from that month!

january
January started out with our friends Robyn and Joe! Jason was working at the bookstore and the retirement home as a life guard. We'd been our house two short months. My job was getting easier since the other special ed teacher had started work but the drama at work was still coming on strong. Though this month I met one of the best people I know, Sabrina. We started going to WSU Vancouver Alumni events in hopes that Jason would find a good job.

february
February didn't start off very great at all. I threw my back out on February 2nd and was out of work for a week and out of commission for basically everything for a lot longer. I couldn't tie my own shoes, dry my own hair or even lift items of the fridge there for a while... Jason no longer worked for the retirement home and really thought his job at B&N was going places...

march
By March I was starting to get better! We went on our first snowshoeing adventure which is something we really hope to do more of this year! I celebrated turning 27. Jason also got a new job for Columbia Distributing. This had him working Tuesday - Saturday and being exhausted all.the.time!

april
April seemed to pass without much happening. We'd been in our house 6 months and that reminds me that in April Jason and I celebrated our 6 years of "being together" in April. Six, wow! Who'd have thought that frat party 6 years ago would turn into this. I started and finished by third cake decorating class where I learned to stack cakes.

may
May was a month full of eventful weekends. Between friends visiting, bridal showers, ladies breakfasts, and mother's day...we were busy! School was just starting to wind down.

june
June brought the end of school :) and another throw-out of the back :( They happened to happen in the same week which was rather interesting. I didn't work most of the last week of school and had various people packing up my classroom for summer which made for an interesting August. I found that I have an 'extra' vertebrae in my back which should really have made me taller ;-) I spent the rest of the month recovering and participating in thrilling physical therapy sessions! We also started work on Project Deck!!

july
Biggest event is hard to choose from! I would say its a tie between celebrating our first wedding anniversary and Jason getting the job of a LIFETIME! It really is a tie! Jason started working for TransMarine Navigation and it really is perfect for him. We celebrated our anniversary by eating our wedding cake and going to dinner at Stanford's which is where we had out rehearsal dinner. I spent a week and a half away from home in various places in the Mid-West on family and friend vacations. Jason also turned 28 and once again, I was gone during his birthday...next year I won't be!

august
I graduated from Physical Therapy and haven't had the need to go back since! My cousin Emily came to visit and got to spend some 1:1 time with her. We watched (Jason participated in) watching some of our friends Adam and Katie get married and it was my first trip to Bellingham. It is definitely somewhere I would like to go back too. Sabrina and I started out onslaught of country concerts while Jason enjoyed some video game quiet time to himself during those evenings. I made a few cakes for various events and enjoyed it A LOT!

september
Start of year #2 at my school. I will say this year has been MUCH better than last year in so many ways! I started blogging about all my various crafting/caking adventures at madebyACE. We had one of our busiest weekends to date in September and subsequently I got SO SICK from it. We had a blast at Jason's cousins wedding and the Seahawks game in Seattle.

october
We had a pretty busy October! One of the biggest thing I personally did was go to Cupcake Camp! I had such a fun time and it was definitely worth it. Afterwards I dove head first into making cakepops, I've made bear ones, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas ones...and have many more planned for the coming year! We helped our "niece and nephew" celebrate their 1st and 3rd birthday's, respectively. We went to the pumpkin patch. This month Jason had his first "solo" ship so that was a big step up! We started (and then unfortunately soon stopped) making weekly dinner recipes.

november
Looking back November seems busier than October or September! I guess we had a busy fall. We spent some time at the beach with my parents, we went to Blazers games, Winterhawks games, and a few new places in Portland. One of the biggest things for me was I spent my first holiday, day away from my family. We went to Auburn for Thanksgiving since we knew that Jason was on-call over Christmas break. It went successfully, considering I was waiting for the worst after our Christmas Eve disaster of 2008.

december
This was actaully a pretty good December. Though December for me is a two week work month, so that is pretty sweet. We did venture into Portland a few times both with family and friends. We enjoyed many Christmases - 6 to be exact - with various family memers and friends. We were the recipients of many, many gracious and fun presents, and I think we didn't too bad in giving either :) I will say I got a little more spoiled by my husband this year than in years past, since this is the first Christmas in 6 years that he's made more money than me :-)

All in all 2010 was a very fun and entertaining year for us. We spent a lot of time with family and hope to continue with that trend along with focus on getting out to see out friends more too! We have big hopes for 2011 and all that it will bring!

1 comment: