no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Friday, February 5, 2010

family fun...

One of the major perks about living in the Vancouver area now is being near my family! My parents live about 20 or so minutes away and my brother lives about 15. Over the past few months we have been getting together this 6 of us - my parents, Jason and I, and Tony and his girlfriend Kellie. Last month we had everyone over to our house for dinner and some playing of the Wii.  We (okay, Jason) made pulled pork, my parents brought the salad, and Tony and Kellie brought some yummy potatoes! It was only my parents second time playing the Wii and they did reasonably well. While playing Mario Kart I think my Dad had more fun watching my Mom try to play. Then we played Big Brain Academy 3 vs 3...and the two men on my team (dad and husband) were HORRIBLE at the whack-a-mole mini game!!! It was so enjoyable to have our family to our house for the evening! I hope we can do it again soon!

my family playing Mario Kart

Mom rocking the Wii.

Just last weekend we went on a triple date, the 6 of us. We went to dinner at Gustav's which reminded my Mom and I SO much about Europe! After that my parents took us out to the movies, we saw Edge of Darkness which was really good though a little bit to goory for my taste at times. At one point I got so startled I almost kicked the head of the guy in front of me...I'd been sitting with my legs crossed and uncrossed them to steady myself!

If you know anything about my Dad it is once he gets something in his head...he has to do it (see, I come by it honestly). At dinner we'd been talking about how Jason and I sneak candy into the theater in my big purse and that got my Dad's wheels spinning. After dinner we walked over to Walgreens and bought SO MUCH candy...


Bottom Layer...

Top Layer...

I wish that I had counted how many things we actually got...but I would say it was around 15 different kinds of candy. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment