no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

working at the beach...

I had to opprotunity to go to Long Beach, WA this weekend...for work. All expenses paid - 1 day worth of sub time, food, lodging, gas. It was really was amazing that this was all provided for us and that it was a GREAT use of my time! This whole thing was put on by the WEA (Washington Education Association) through my local UniServe Office. It was a conference to learn about unions, contracts and the political aspect for school distrcits along with networking and socializing. This is second major conference I've been too that I've left feeling excited, curious and all around good about my profession. And the plus...the beach :) Enjoy some pictures from the weekend!

getting to the hotel in the dark and the rain! always an experience.


lunch break at the beach :)


me and my easy fly kite. i love it!!!


love :)


my friend Amy and I. we work together.


After the conference was over on Friday...we headed out for dinner!

not only was the food free. the drinks were too!


After dinner we headed...bowling. I go bowling about once every 2 years. This bowling alley was somewhat grimy but it was fun to interact with everyone. They also had a speedomoter on the lanes so we had competitions to see who could bowl the fastest and slowest time. I won the slow competition with a speed of 1.1 mph. classy.

classy Illwaco (the city south of Long Beach). they cleverly used a shoe organizer to display the type of beer they have...again, classy...


bowling.

All in all it was a worthwhile trip. Definitely got me thinking...which was the point!

1 comment: