no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

project update...

This weekend was unusally warm and I was unusally sick. This led to yet another weekend in bed for me and another weekend to get stuff done around the house for Jason :) This story starts a month or so ago when we ventured to Lowes to look around and ended up going home with 2 sheets of plywood, fifteen 2x4's, and a pack of these snazzy shelf links. It's been a multi week project and every time Jason goes out into the garage something regarding the shelf configuration changes.



$100 for weeks of entertainment...


Please take note that I did not think this all would fit in the Jeep...I was wrong. Though when I was sitting flat in the seat I could not see Jason...it was a quiet ride home :)


Before...

Even this is different than it was this morning. Always a work in progress! Jason added a few shelves in the middle. If we'd known how the shelf links really worked we would have bought two packs for a shelf this tall. It is really sturdy! Nice job Jason!!!


Before...

This will be different next weekend...I have no doubt. For now it is recycling and stoage.

Also, this week and weekend, with it being 60 and sunny for a majority of the week Jason got a lot of yard work done! I don't have a good "before" picture of the area surrounding the padio (shocker, I know) but you'll have to trust me when I say there were mid-shin-deep holes mixed in with ankle-deep holes all around! Now...we have this...





Jason turned over all the 'flower beds' on the sides of the house and used that excess dirt to fill in the main area with the problem. The patch by the hose in the bottom picture is actually "transplanted" from another portion of the yard. Why pay money when you have the supplies right here :)

It looks bad now but I can't wait to see it in a few months once we seed and fertilize! Weird how exciting that really is. Jason has become quite the little handy husband around the house. The yard is now the area with the biggest need - which is right on track considering we've already redone the whole inside of the house.

You might ask how I spent my time during these projects Jason does...usually I bring him drinks and am inside doing laundry and cleaning. Today though...I did this...



...that is right. I was knitting, outside, in a reclining camping chair (thanks Rode's - this is the one you got me for high school graducation) in February. I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment