no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Monday, November 9, 2009

handy husband makes a shelf...

We had this awkward space between the pantry and the garage door that really wasn't too usable besides to store brooms. And since so many of you that are probably reading this bought us such nice wedding presents, we need more storage! In came the idea (who's, we don't know) to build a cabinet space there!

One Sunday I went off to a baby shower and handy husband took on this project by himself which was good because the 15 minutes I was home at the start, he was just getting frustrated with me and my ideas and lack of commitment to be the 'helper'. Jason now knows there is a dang good reason I wanted an up-gradable house instead of a fix-er-upper!

So Jason built and filled these shelves getting rid of about 15 boxes that had been over taking parts of our kitchen.

The curtain below will soon have button or snaps so that during normal days the litter box can be open for Loki but will then come back down to the ground when we have company over no one has to look at it while eating dinner. Good planning on my part :) Good sewing on my Mom's!

One of the ladies I worked with gave me these curtains from Pottery Barn and they look SO good with our colors. She's also the lady who the bedding in the Andes Mint Room came from! She's like my personal decorator and she's never been in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment