no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

making things to be thankful for...

We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house this year...we really wanted to have it at our house but were a little nervous about having not really used the oven too much...we didn't think that Thanksgiving was a good day to try out it's efficiency. I was, however, in charge of two items. Green bean casserole and lemon meringue pie!!! My two favorite things! Now, the first is easy to make...the second...it takes some time and energy.

My kitchen during pie making...

My DELICIOUS lemon meringue pie!!!

I also made these little treats for my Dad. Growing up him and I used to fight over the left-over pie dough. I liked (still do) to eat it raw and he liked to sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar and bake them. Since I was in charge of one pie and Kelly was in charge of another my Dad wasn't going to get any opportunities for pie cookies...so I made some for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment