no one was ever blinded by looking at the brighter side of things...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

'twas the night before we moved...

Our scheduled and subsequent move happened on October 24th. On Friday, October 23rd at about 10pm after a WHOLE day (like 14 hours) of working on our house...this is what we came home to in our Town House. A GIGANTIC hole in the roof of our 2nd bedroom.


This was the husband of the manager at our place that night.



Really, it worked out okay. We were moving the next day, we didn't have anything get ruined, and since their workers had tracked mud in and out we didn't have to vacuum and when we went to check out of the apartment they didn't even do a walk through. Hello full deposit!

The funniest part of this is that I had stayed downstairs to start packing up the kitchen and Jason had gone upstairs to pack his clothes. A while later I went to join him and imagine my head spinning as I see this MESS and wonder how in the world Jason missed it! All I could do was one of those inward gasps and point. Jason yelled "is there a spider?" to which I said a few choice words asking him how he missed the huge hole in the ceiling to which he laughed at me for being crazy. So I asked him to join my in the hall. Our carpet was soaking wet so there was no way it had happened since we'd been in the house...it had to have been that day.
We'll still don't know how Jason missed this and probably never will. But, it all worked out okay. Loki needed a little wipe down since it was obvious he'd been playing in the mess of insulation and ceiling parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment